Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude: The Mess

I  think we all have days that we feel like nothing is going our way.  The kids may be whiny and demanding, the house is messy (two minutes after cleaning it!), the milk is out and it's needed to make supper...it's in those moments that I am trying to remember all the little things that I can be grateful for rather than be stressed out and annoyed about.  So today I'd like to share some of the things that may drive me crazy but really I am very grateful for.  It is part of my series entitled, Attitude of Gratitude!

1. I am thankful for the hand prints on my windows, because it means that I have two beautiful children who put them there.

2.I am thankful for the crumbs on my floor and the dishes in my sink, because it means that we have plenty of food in our tummies.

3.  I am thankful for the dirty shoulder of my shirt, because it means that I've received hugs and snuggles all day long.

4.  I am thankful for the toys scattered on the floor, because it means that imaginations are growing.

5. I am thankful for our dirty laundry, because it means we have lots of clothes to wear.

6. I am thankful for the quarreling of my son and daughter,  because it reminds me that they will always have a sibling to share life with. 

7. I am thankful for grocery shopping, because it means that we are blessed enough to buy as much food as we need for our family. 

8.  I am thankful for muddy shoe prints, because it means adventures have been had.

9. I am thankful for the nights spent reading the same books over and over again, because it is helping my babies learn and grow.

10. I am thankful for the messes, because they represent a loving, growing, adventurous family that I am blessed to call mine!

B and E enjoying some of their favorite treats!


 
Thank you Lord for your abundant gifts and provisions.  I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment