Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

House Project: Sun Room Addition

My (amazing) husband recently helped my parents complete a sun room addition/remodel on their home.  I wanted to show you all of his hard work and what a great job he did!  (And by the way, I can't wait until he builds one onto our house!!)

My parents home was built 20 years ago in 1993. When it was built they had a solarium off the back of the kitchen (next to the deck).  I don't have any great pictures of it, but here's one.  It was basically walls up about two feet, then windows all the way up and windows for a ceiling. 

Fast forward 20 years.  Last summer they had their siding redone, and at that time found out that the solarium had severe problems coinciding with water damage.  They decided to redo the entire room, opting to make it a sun room with a roof instead of all windows.  This way it would be more usable all year long (not so hot in the summer and cold in the winter).  Matt volunteered to help them plan and complete the project. 

Here are some pictures of the process.















Here's the end result (so far).  Matt's part is done.  My mom and brother are planning on completing the rest themselves.  The siding will go up next, then the inside will be insulated, sheet rocked, floored, painted, and trimmed. Matt already ran the electrical, so they will just need to pick out a light fixture to install.  They are hoping to use the space as a game room/conversation area with a great view no matter where you sit! 

Doesn't my husband do amazing work??  If you'd like to hire him for a project you can let me know:) (Don't worry Debbie and Al, you are first on the list!).  He's a very busy man, but he loves to do this type of work.  We already have lots of plans for our house as well!

I hope you are having a wonderful week! 

(It is April 19th today.  It has snowed for the past two days straight, with snow totals around 14 inches so far.  I just thought I should have this on record so when my family protests when I want to move South, I have evidence of why!)

No comments:

Post a Comment