Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Reading Materials

One of my goals for 2013 is to learn and grow spiritually.  It's easy to say but harder to do.  So I've decided to use a Bible reading plan that I found online.  I actually saw it as a link on a blog I follow and really like (check it out here), but I will give you a direct link to the reading plans as well (here).  There are several options, but the one I chose is called the Discipleship Journal Reading Plan.  I like it because it gives you four different passages to read each day, but only 25 days of reading per month, and in a year you've read through the entire Bible.  It is a challenge, but I think it's still a reasonable goal.  I would love for you to join me if you'd like to! 

I also wanted to share some additional reading material Matt and I are planning to read soon.  We picked out a few books at a discount book store and they look quite promising to me!  I'm not endorsing them quite yet (since I haven't read them!), but I will try to follow up as we finish them. 

Now You're Speaking My Language by Gary Chapman
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
When Life is Hard by James MacDonald
The Leadership Secrets of Billy Graham by Myra Shelley



Do you have any book recommendations or books you are excited about reading soon?  Let me know, I'm always looking for suggestions!!  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment