Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Popovers: A Love Story

Okay, I may have a little problem.  I am completely addicted to popovers!  I have this great, simple recipe from my Cooking Light cookbook.  Combine that with delicious homemade honey butter and....total.addiction.  In any case, I thought I'd share my love for them with you-perhaps you and your family will enjoy them as well! 

Popovers:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup 1% milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
Cooking Spray

1. Preheat oven to 375*.  Combine milk and eggs in a medium bowl, whisk until blended, and let stand for 30 minutes.
2. In separate bowl, combine flour and salt, then slowly add into egg/milk mixture.  Stir well with the whisk.  Finally stir in butter. 

3. Coat 9 popover cups (or 12 cupcake cups) with cooking spray.  Place cups in the oven for approximately five minutes (no batter in!). 


4. Divide batter into each cup.  Bake at 375* for 40 minutes or until golden brown.  If using a cupcake pan, bake for 30-35 minutes.  Remember not to open the oven door until they are finished! 

YUMMY!  (and so pretty too!)



Honey Butter Spread:
Using butter at room temperature, mash butter in a bowl and add honey so that mixture is about 50/50 combination.  Mix thoroughly and serve on popovers that are hot out of the oven for best (melt in your mouth!) results!

I hope you enjoy!

Recipe from Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2005 copyright 2004.

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried popovers. I think you should make them for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will make them for the next bookclub I host!! And I think you will like them:)

      Delete