Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Our First Date

In honor of our anniversary coming up, here is story number two, as promised.

Our First Date:)
Matt and my first date was on December 20th, 2003 (I know the date because I saved the movie stub).  Matt had asked me if I wanted to 'hang out' sometime, so we finally decided to meet up for some pie at Perkins and a movie at the theater in town.  I can remember being so nervous, not knowing if it was really a date or just friends hanging out.  I knew I really liked him, but I wasn't sure he felt the same way (don't worry, folks, he did!).  Anyway, we had a great time just talking and laughing over pie (lemon meringue for me and french silk for Matt).  Matt even paid for mine!  Then we went to our very first movie together, Something's Gotta Give.  If you've ever seen it, you know it would be a little uncomfortable to watch together on a first date, but we had a fun time anyway!  I can remember sitting in the theater with him, just chatting before the movie started.  As nervous as I was, I felt so comfortable with him.  I think our personalities just clicked.  After that 'date', Matt sent me a text (back when texting was still a novelty!), and said that he'd had fun and he hoped he could take me on a real date next time *Sigh*  And so began our lives together. 

Matt and Cassie Summer '05

Enjoy your day, maybe even with a slice of pie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment