Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

How We Met

This coming weekend, Matt and I will be celebrating our six year wedding anniversary.  During this week, I thought I'd share a few stories about our story.  So for today, here's the story of how we met.

In July of 2003, I was applying to local businesses trying to find my first real job.  I had received call-backs from two different places, and I struggled to choose which job to take.  I finally decided to take the position at Applebee's as a hostess.  I began my senior year that fall, and in September one evening while I was working, Matt showed up as a new host.  He introduced himself and we chatted for a few minutes.  I didn't know it then, but I was meeting my husband for the first time. 

Matt always had a smile on his face, and he was funny from the moment I met him.  We worked together often and we quickly became friends.  I really liked working with Matt because he was such a hard worker and we always had a good time together.  I began to secretly check the schedule to see when Matt and I worked together-they were my favorites shifts each week.  I know it didn't seem like a vital decision then, but taking that job at Applebee's was one of the best decisions of my life, because it led me to Matt.  I will always have a soft spot for the place.  Matt and I still go and have dinner at that Applebee's once in a while, and it brings back so many great memories for us. 

Here's to the little decisions in life that make all the difference.

(This song reminds me of the two of us!  Love you Matt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment