Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Two Trouble Makers:)

Ever have one of those moments where you are mentally (or actually!) banging your head against the wall?  Well, I had one of those about a week ago, so I thought I'd share it with you.  Perhaps it will make you feel better about something similar in your life, or maybe just make you laugh.  Either way, here's a glimpse of my crazy kiddos.

It's 11:45 on a random weekday.  Elijah has recently learned how to go safely down the stairs by climbing backwards, so he likes to practice lots.  He's doing this up and down, up and down, while Bella is playing downstairs in our playroom.  I'm upstairs in the kitchen, getting lunch ready for the kids.  About 10 minutes go by and I realize that I haven't heard from either child in a while.  Pause, moment of panic. Begin investigation mode.

And you can only imagine what I find happening downstairs.

Bella has discovered that she can open the door to our downstairs bathroom.  The bathroom that we don't ever use and the door is always shut on.  Yeah, that one.  Both children are in the bathroom.  The floor is wet.  The kids are wet. And not wet from just water, but toilet water.  There is little bits of toilet paper everywhere. The plunger is out and being used as a water-scooping device.  It's one of those moments where I am doing the previously mentioned head banging.  Ewww....what are kids thinking when they decide that it's a great idea to 'take a bath' in toilet water?? 

Anyway, the mess was eventually cleaned up, the kids were washed, the rules were made clear (no playing in toilets-ever!) and all went back to normal.  But I will admit, I'm very reluctant to let those two hooligans out of my sight! 



Here's to the crazy things our kids do!

P.S. If you have any funny head-banging moments to share, I'd love to hear them:)

No comments:

Post a Comment