Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

DIY Valentine's Day Sign

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I decided to make a fun sign for our front entry way.  I used a Bible verse as my inspiration.  I designed it for Valentine's day, but you could really use it any time of the year:)
Faith, Hope, Love
'And now these three remain: Faith, hope, and love. But the greatest one of these is love.'
1 Corinthians 13:13



Here's what you need to make your own!


Supplies: Wood Board, paint, letter stencils, paint brushes, sharpie markers
(I found my supplies at Target and Walmart)


1. Paint the sign your background color and let dry.


2. Use stencils to paint letters onto board.  Let each letter dry before starting next.  Make sure you press the stencil down firmly when painting so that paint doesn't bleed through or spread beyond the letter form.  (For the 'O' in LOVE I made a heart. I used a pencil to free-hand a heart outline, then filled it in with red).

3.  Add the scripture verse along the bottom using a sharpie marker. 




4. Ta-Da!  A fun homemade sign for Valentine's Day:)


Here's our sign up in the entry way!


Happy Valentine's Day to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment