Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Sweet Tooth

Every morning when my daughter, Bella wakes up, we brush our teeth and go into the kitchen to find something for breakfast.  And every morning, without fail, she goes over to the freezer, tries to open it, and asks innocently, I Cree?  (Ice cream?).  Every. Single. Morning.  She has yet to have ice cream for breakfast, but you gotta give a girl credit for trying.  For example, one morning recently, I offered her a waffle, and she said, "No.... I Cree?" 
Then I asked, "would you like some cereal?"
She replied, "I Cree?"
I smiled and said, "No, not for breakfast.  Would you like some yogurt?"
She smiled sweetly back and said, "No...I Cree?" Wow, she is persistent!  We finally settled on yogurt, but you could tell it was her second choice. 

Another morning she asked for cake (which was sitting on the counter in plain view-who could blame her!), candy, and ice cream, all for breakfast.  This girl has a sweet tooth!  I must disclose, though, that this did not start with her.

My grandma Margaret, has the biggest sweet tooth around.  Yes, even more so than Bella.  My grandma is a thin woman, but she LOVES her sweets.  She has been known to have cake, cookies, candy bars, and I'm sure, ice cream, for breakfast.  It's the best way to start the day in her opinion.  My mother and I also love sweets, but we don't usually have them for breakfast (maybe a mid morning snack though!).  So you can see how Bella fits into the family line of sweets-loving ladies.  It has seemed to serve my grandmother well though-she is 80 years old and lives on her own.  Maybe I should let Bella have some ice cream for breakfast once in a while:)

Here's a picture of Bella indulging in her biggest love, I CREE!!  (Not for breakfast, but as a night time snack!).



                                           Hope you get to enjoy something SWEET today!

No comments:

Post a Comment