Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Three Valentines for me please!

I will be the first one to admit it-I LOVE Valentine's Day!  I love all the pretty pink and red decorations, the cards, the candies, the excuse to dress up and go out, even the cheesy romantic movies. 

This year I had 3 Valentines: my wonderful husband Matt, and my two kiddos, Bella and Elijah.  What a sweet day it was!  The night before Valentine's Matt and I went out to dinner (Elijah came with too since I am his only food source and he refuses to take a bottle!).  Matt wrote me a sweet poem that made me cry, we had a wonderful Italian dinner at a restaurant we've never tried before, and we got our wedding rings resized so that we can actually wear them again.  Turns out having kids makes your knuckles bigger (among other things!).  We will get them in a few weeks, so I'm pretty excited. Here's a picture of us dressed up to go out to dinner (notice Elijah's tux!  I couldn't resist!). 


On Valentine's Day our playgroup had a Valentine Party for all the kids, complete with cards to pass out, cookies to decorate, and, of course, pizza.  It was so fun and the kids had a great time. Bella especially liked that she got to eat all of Elijah's candy since he's too little to indulge.  What a nice big sister:) 

Behind all the fun treats and cards though, I really do like to take the time to think about the wonderful people in my life and how blessed I am to have them (and how blessed I am to be here to enjoy them.).  God definitely listens to prayers and answers so wonderfully.  I will spend the rest of my life trying my hardest to live the life He has designed for me-what an exciting adventure!

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone, hope you all had lots of LOVE in your day!

1 comment: