Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

This week in a nutshell

I can't believe it's already Thursday!  Do you ever have one of those weeks where they fly by so fast and you have so many plans that you don't really remember all the individual things you did?  And you (of course) don't get all the other "little" things done that you were going to sneak in on the down time.  Well it's been one of those weeks for me so far.  Last weekend proved to be much too short, and now it's Thursday afternoon and I feel like I'm way behind on my check list for the week. 

Here's a recap of a few of the cute/funny/naughty things the kids have done over the past few days:

Elijah has started really laughing when we tickle him now-it is so adorable!  The little guy is extremely ticklish and when we tickle his sides and legs he just squeals and giggles.  It is the most precious little sound:)  Matt was tickling him last night and I just felt so blessed to have such a sweet little boy!

Bella has always loved reading books but lately when I go into her room to get her up in the morning, I will find her reading to herself in her rocking chair.  It is so sweet! 

Elijah is growing like a weed!  He turned 3 months last weekend, and he is already wearing 6 month clothing!  I can't believe how big he is.  He's in the 90-98% in all of his measurements so far, so we will see if this trend continues...

At church last Sunday Bella dumped her water cup on another little girl in the nursery, and then took the little girl's pretzels and threw them on the ground.  Talk about a bully!  Bella is usually really sweet in nursery so I don't know what provoked it.  When we asked her later if she had done those things, she replied, "Yep" and went on playing like it was no big deal.  We kept a straight face about it, but barely:)

Elijah has recently become a once-a-week pooper.  That's right. ONCE in a WEEK.  You can probably imagine what that means for clean up.  It's an automatic bath time for him (and sometimes the rest of us involved as well).  I don't know if he's trying to prove what a good intestinal system he has or what, but it is definitely an adventure every time. 

Matt and I are youth leaders for our youth group at church, and this Wednesday Matt came to church straight from work.  The kids and I were already there, and when Bella saw Matt walk in, she ran toward him yelling, "Daddy!  Daddy!", jumped into his arms, and gave him the biggest hug with her arms tight around his neck.  He later told me that it just melted his heart and he didn't want to put her down.  That melted my heart!  I am so lucky that my children have such an excellent father.

We went grocery shopping today and Bella walked next to me (she actually stayed close!).  After a while, Elijah decided that he needed to be carried so that he could look around at everyone.  So here is my little boy smiling at everyone and getting random people to come talk to him, and my little girl waving and saying "Hi, Hi, Hi!"  to everyone we walk past.  What friendly children I have!  (On a side note, thank you to my amazing mom that helps me grocery shop so that I can have a cart for groceries and a cart for children and children accessories-I love you and appreciate you Mom!)

Well that's all for now, but I am going to try to post more often if possible.  Have a blessed week readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment