Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

The year of CAKE!

For Christmas this past year, one of my favorite gifts I received was Martha Stewart's cookbook, CAKES.  Not only do I love baking (and eating) cake, but it is actually on my 30 before 30 list to buy this book and bake at least five cakes from it.
 
 
Well folks, after looking through this glorious cookbook, I can tell you that baking five cakes in the next two years will be no problem at all.  In fact, after finding so many wonderful recipes, I have declared 2014 The Year of CAKE!  (By the way that also means that 2014 will need to be the year of working out a lot to compensate for said cake!).  I think a cake makes any celebration even more special, and this year I am going to make an effort to make a cake for all of our big events (birthdays, holidays, and get togethers). 

 I started the year off right by baking this delicious cake for our New Year's Eve celebration (fitting for the year of cake, right?) 
 
Next on my list is Bella's birthday.  Bella has already requested cake, cupcakes, cookies and a cake house (what?) so she's definitely milking this birthday thing for all it's worth.  I haven't decided which cake to make for her birthday yet, but there will be cake!  (on a side note, Matt has already picked out the cake he'd like for his birthday, and (surprise), it super chocolate-y and divine looking. Get excited people!). 
 
I think it's going to be great year:)

3 comments:

  1. Does the NYE cake count toward your year of cake if you actually made it in December? ;)

    Thanks for the inspiration, Cassie, to get back to my own 30 before 30 list. Looks like you and I have some goals in common! (P.S. I mentioned you in my blog post here.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you are right Lauryn! The cake was made in 2013 (although some was eaten in 2014) so it will count toward my 30 before 30 list only:) I'm glad you are inspired to keep working on your list-it is rewarding to check something off of it! Thanks for mentioning me in your post too! Good luck on your list:)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete