Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Bella's 1K Race

This past weekend Bella ran in a 1K kids race! It's the same race she ran in last year (here), so this year she was very excited about it and hoping to win a medal. She ran with her Grandma and did an amazing job. Bella ran the whole way and ended up with a medal for 2nd place in her age category! (ages 6 and under).
I was so proud to see her come down the hill to the finish line. I got a little choked up, I have to admit. It's just that my heart beams with pride for that little girl (When she was awarded the 2nd place medal, I may have teared up a little bit again!)! She had such a fun time and was very excited to tell everyone about her medal winning:)

The next morning when Bella got up, she told me that her legs were broken. She pointed to her thighs and said they really hurt. I told her that they were probably just sore from all the running she did the day before.

She replied, "No, they're broken. I went to bed last night, I twirled my hair, I wake up, and my legs are broken. I need to go see the doctor and he fix them."

Oh my how I love that little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment