Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

25 Things

Ever have one of those days (or weeks) where you are just constantly trying to stop your kids from crying, cleaning up poop, getting snacks, and wondering how you got to this point?  Well I started to feel like that the other day, and I had to remind myself of how truly blessed I am.  So I have decided to write a quick list of 25 things I'm grateful for today.  There are tons of things that I could put on this list, but these are just the first 25 that popped into my head.

25 Things I am Truly Grateful For Today:
1. Prayer-it is so simple to do yet so powerful.
2. My husband.  He is amazing.
3.  My two children, Bella and Elijah.  Although they can be a source of stress, they mean the world to me and I feel so blessed that God chose Matt and me to be their parents.
4.  My family and the fact that they live close by.  They have all been there for us whenever we need them.
5.  My health.  My heart is still not 100%, but I am alive and able to enjoy life with my family, for which I am very, very grateful.
6.  The ability to stay home with my kids.
7.  The mysterious way God works in our lives.  I am slowly learning that I can't plan out my life exactly how I want it to be.  God has a plan for my life that is bigger and better than anything I could plan.
8.  Sleep.  It sounds silly, but when it's hard to come by you appreciate it a lot more!
9.  The beautiful weather we have been having this (early!)Spring-so refreshing!
10. Chocolate.  In any form.  Enough said.
11. Our friends. 
12. Our home.  It is a fixer-upper and I love being able to slowly make it our own.
13.  Our backyard. Grilling supper, bon fires, gardening, playing on the swing set, running around with the dogs, it provides so much entertainment for us.
14. Photographs.  I love being able to look back at the memories of our life so far.
15. Holidays.  I love getting together with family and friends to celebrate. (Very excited for Easter next week!).
16. Our Church and church community.  It is so great to have a support system around you.
17. The signs of Spring.  Trees budding, birds chriping, weather warming up....it's coming!
18. The sound of my kids laughing.  Pure Joy!
19. Hot showers. Sometimes it's all you need to clear your head and get ready for the day.
20. Nap time. 
21. Music.  I love singing with my husband and kids.  It can completely uplift you.
22. The weekend.
23. Second Chances. 
24. The little moments where I see Bella or Elijah delight in something only a child can.  So precious.
25. Today.  I can already tell it's going to be great!

Wow, I am so blessed!  Thanks for reading!  Oh, and by the way, what are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment