Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Summer Fun Schedule Ideas

Good afternoon friends!  I can hardly believe we are already over half way through June...how did that happen?  I have been realizing lately that every day is passing by so quickly, and I feel like I need to have better time management so we can fit in all the fun summer things we want to do!  So today I thought I'd share a plan we are going to try this summer.  Feel free to use some or all our these ideas in your family as well! 

(This plan/outline is meant to be fun, so if I need to shift days around or take days off, I will not fret about it-you shouldn't either:)  )

Mix it Up Mondays:  If we can help it, we usually spend Mondays at home-catching up on chores, recovering from a busy weekend, and getting back to routine.  So the plan for 'mix it up Monday' is every Monday the kids and I will make some type food (cookies, muffins, cupcakes, bread, trail mix, etc.).  My kids LOVE baking, cooking and pretty much any type of motorized mixing, so I think they would love to have a chance each week to be in the kitchen with me.  I usually make things while they are napping to try to keep messes to a minimum, but I'm reminding myself that messes can be cleaned up and the kids will learn to love cooking and baking if I allow them to help!  I also like the idea of this on Mondays because then we will have a special homemade treat to enjoy during the week!

Playgroup Tuesdays: We have been a part of a wonderful playgroup for several years now.  Each week during the summer we meet at a park or splash pad, play, and eat a picnic lunch together.  It has been wonderful for my children to make lots of friends, and for me to have a support group of moms.  I think I love playgroup just as much as my kids do!  I would definitely encourage you to join a playgroup in your area if you are able to! 

Library Wednesdays: My kids love going to the library and finding new books to check out.  They both love having stories read to them, and it's really fun for them to pick out their own books there.  There is also a train table at our library that is a pretty popular pit stop:)  We don't always go every week, but I'm going to try to make it there at least every other week. 

Artwork Thursdays: So many ideas on Pinterest, so little time.  I think it would be really fun to get into some more art projects with the kids this summer.  They are both old enough now to follow simple directions on projects, so I think they would really like to get the creative juices flowing each week.  Plus, I like when we can try the really messy painting projects outside:)

Field Trip Fridays: On a few Fridays this summer, I would like to take the kids to some fun Summer spots (the Zoo, Kelley Farm, Water Park, Boating, etc). 


Do you have other fun summer activities you like to do regularly?  If so, let me know! 

2 comments: