Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

At the request of my mother in law Debbie and my sister in law Erika, here is my homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe.  I can't take all the credit though, it is a recipe originally from my mom (thanks mom!).  I hope you all enjoy it!


Chicken Pot Pie
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups water
2/3 cup milk
2 tsp. chicken bullion granules (I use 1 tsp. low sodium, and 1 tsp. regular)
2 cups of cubed, cooked chicken
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
2 pie crusts (store bought or homemade will work)





Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.


2.Melt butter in a sauce pan, stir in the flour and the next six ingredients until blended.  Boil 2 minutes then remove from heat.


3. Stir in chicken and vegetables.



4.Using a greased pie pan, place the first pie shell down and put mixture into a pie shell, then cover top with the other shell.








5. Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and filling is bubbly.

6. Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment