Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Name Letters and Crate Shelving Project

I've been working on some craft projects around the house lately, and I've finally completed one so I thought I'd show you!  It started a while ago when I bought wooden letters for Elijah's name.  I saw an idea online to wrap the letters in yarn, so I found two colors I liked at the craft store and tried it.  Success!  I think they turned out pretty cute! 





Next, I wanted to find a way to display them in Elijah's room.  The letters don't hang, so we had to find a shelf or something to put them on.  I had seen some old fruit crates at my grandma's house, and I thought they would look really cool as shelves if we turned them on their side.  That way Elijah could have some unique shelving, and they would be meaningful-from his great grandparents!  I found two that looked like they were in pretty good condition, and (bonus!) still had the original labels on:) 


I cleaned them up, and Matt screwed them into the wall.  Then we put the letters in, and....ta da! 







What do you think?  We like it!  Here's Elijah helping model the new shelves and his name!


Here's Bella "helping"!






One more little update.  Mr. E has his first tooth!  Going to miss that gummy grin, but he sure looks cute with that little pearly white sticking up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment